Friday, May 30, 2008

Starbucks, Borders

Not to be confused with "Paris, Texas" or "Newport, Gwent" (that lesser known Wim Wenders film)...

I have been twice to Starbucks in Borders this week. Such luxuries are afforded to us by holidays. Antiglobalism goes out of the window as I engage in three of my favourite hobbies: drinking coffee (the stuff of life), reading, and people watching. There's always a group of people gathered around a table, earnestly discussing something: They could be a book group (even a Bible Study group) but I prefer to think of them as some kind of revolutionary group planning to overthrow the Government and establish a new world order. Wishful thinking... There are no revolutionaries anymore. We're too comfortable and the coffee's never strong enough. Oh, and there are always interesting women sat at tables by themselves, sketching or writing that never-to-be-published novel. Which gets me onto my next subject: I've decided I'm going to try and get those short stories written, so I started.We'll see...

Currently reading "La Sombra Del Viento" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. In the original Spanish, of course!

No comments: