Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Flotsam And Jetsam (1)

"I've gone through life wondering, "What if the hokey-cokey is what it's all about?" Have you ever thought about that? It could be, couldn't it? 'Cause that's what I was told, when I was a kid. "You put your left leg in... that's what it's all about." I'm not saying it is, I'm saying "what if?" I never really knew what it was all about so any signsin that general direction I was willing to pick up. And that's a view of the world my parents regularly expressed to me at moments of high mirth and emotion. That's cockney Zen, that is."
-Billy Bragg "The Word" Magazine, November 2006


Haiku
by Simon Bird

Ironically
This haiku's final word is
Monosyllabic

If
by Arthur Smith

If you can roll along at a decent pace
And you find that your rear
Contains lots of space
If you have windows at the front
Yet none at the side
And offer a smooth unflashy ride
If you have a red and white flag
On your bonnet
And can never imagine doing a ton
Then yours is the road and everything on it
And, which is more, you'll be a van, my son.

No comments: