Tuesday, September 11, 2007

One step at a time...

I went to church on Sunday. I would have added a sarcastic "what a surprise" if it weren't for the fact that this is unusual nowadays. In truth, I turned up in order to collect a package a friend had left for me. The sermon was okay, but the interesting thing was that the assistant pastor decided to sit next to me. I am completely unable to lie, so when he asked me after the service how things were, I had to admit that things were quite crap. I can't hide my feelings either, so I would've been on a loser... The conversation was good and he was (externally at least) optimistic. We agreed in the end that we would meet up on Friday to read the Bible. We'll see how it goes...

I'm reading a book called "The Case Against Christ" at the moment, by John White. Unlike a few other Christian books, it's not overly patronising or pompous and presents a very intellectually rigourous argument in favour of Jesus' life and work. And more positively, it's making me want to read about Jesus in the Gospels about him.

Next post: why I don't like Christians!

No comments: